Friday 1 September 2023

Casting - Sounding out Lough Hyne





Title: “Listen”
Medium: Photograph
Description: Hydrone on map of Lough Hyne.

Introduction

Different conditions everyday... what I could capture on the best days .. so many variables dictated what I would record in the lough, sea, its shores above or below the surface. Using time-lapse video to see how time and tide look and sound in real time from under the surface .

Title: “Me”

Medium: Photograph

Description: Photograph selfie catching myself coming back

Preparation-  I will use field recordings of samples collected at mapped locations around the shore surrounding the Lough. I have been collecting sounds and experimenting with hydro phonic recording microphones.  Testing is ongoing with the rapids being my next main possible site visit .


My plan 

1. Attempt to record on a kayak tour to the sea if I can tie off and retrieve mics on landing & launching.

2. Walking around in the shallow water today with mics testing the sound mics.

3. Investigating sounds of seaweed from direct contact sea sounds. 

4. Record underwater video and sounds of the underwater. Creating clouds of colour texture forms creating floating strands and sculptural carpets where light projects from the surface above. First underwater tests… recording the lough playing the pipes. 

5. Filming and testing mics in the  shallows around walls island walls north quay- shore sounds currents and swimmers etc. 

6. Samples to test sounds visual vibration illustrated using simple cymatically or Chladni plates sands/ sediment/salt etc ..  Gels or films seaweed and soap - illustrate spectral effects created.

7. Black out conditions needed and sound proof testing conditions to test the visual patterns of the samples recorded in or under Lough Hyne  

6. Recording has been so many opportunities calling out or maybe the pursuit of those not yet heard? 

7. Time, tide, weather, environmental conditions changing through many rhythms that draw humans and nature closer. 

8. Whilst recording I gain a healthy respect to the natural flux. I hoped to learn what would be intuitive yet in this place perhaps unknowable .

Map- Mapping Lough Hyne - My maps google link

Lough Hyne Mapping


I

Title: “Collected”
Medium: Photograph Sea flotsam and jetsam stuff.
Description : Physical samples responsibly collected on my first time in Lough Hyne.


Title: “Toe Float”

Medium: Photograph

Description: Swimming in Lough Hyne


Title :"Wild Swimmer"
Medium: Photograph
Description: Wild swimmer in Lough Hyne

No comments:

Post a Comment