Thursday 11 June 2020

Guest Blogger for Cruinniú na nÓg 2020

Good things I’ve been able to do during lockdown by Sophie, age 10. 


During lockdown I have been baking, watching movies and spending time with my family. I have been baking cupcakes, waffles, pancakes and more. 


Before lockdown I didn’t have much time to watch movies with my family. One good thing is that we have more time to spend together. I have been doing some different art activities like marbling and sewing, which I wouldn’t usually get to do.


I usually have ballet and gymnastics on once a week but I can’t do it now. I really miss doing them but I am doing ballet classes on Zoom. I was meant to have a ballet show but it was cancelled so I danced for my family instead.


I really miss being able to visit my family because they live outside of Co. Cork. We do Zoom calls with our family when we can and we sometimes do quizzes and games. I also miss my friends but I am writing letters and video calling them too, which I wouldn’t have done before.


Doing school at home is way different to normal school. We get a bit of work to do every day and some activities that we don’t usually get to do like making a ring out of Pringles, which was good fun. We try and get outside every day for activities like cycling, running and going on my scooter. Since the travel restriction was lifted we have been able to go to the beach, which was the first time I got in the car for more than two months!


Cruinniú na nÓg 2020 is a collaboration between the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht, the Creative Ireland Programme, local authorities and RTÉ, and is part of the Government’s #InThisTogether campaign which is supporting everyone to stay connected, stay active and look after our physical and mental wellbeing.  In light of the public health restrictions currently in force, the Creative Ireland Programme and its partners have developed a number of creative, cultural and engaging “calls to action” which children, young people – indeed entire families – can create in their own homes and gardens on Saturday 13 June.  https://cruinniu.creativeireland.gov.ie/


Check out our Social Media for more information on the day.


https://www.facebook.com/uillinnwestcorkartscentre/

https://twitter.com/westcorkarts

https://www.instagram.com/uillinnwestcorkarts/

No comments:

Post a Comment